Monday, June 22, 2009

Lupine Time




The Lupine are blooming and it seems there are more then ever before?There is a bit of debate on how they came to be in the Northland. Were they brought here or are they native? Are they a invasive plant? I know of no harm they might do?I can't imagine they cause any harm to native plants if they were brought here. I really like them and I believe others do as well. I saw many tourists this weekend pulling over cars and looking at them and even picking some for a table setting. http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=LUPE3


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't these wildflowers?
People shouldn't pick them.

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact they are not "Wild" flowers. Look it up and check it out. There are over 100 varities of Lupine. Interesting to explore and read about.